United Netherlands looks for a very diverse group of students from all academic fields, ranging from physics and medicine to law and social sciences and everything in between. The only mandatory requirement for joining the Delegation is being enrolled in a Dutch University (as a regular or exchange student) during the course of the program. The core characteristics we look for are ambition, drive and the ability to think and reflect critically on oneself and others. So, if you are ready for a new challenge alongside your studies; to learn about yourself and from others; and to devote time to the Delegation – don’t look any further! Applications for the Delegation 2022-2023 have closed. In spring, applications for the next Delegation will open. In the meantime, check out our Public Speaking Program for students and young professionals.
Who are we looking for?
We seek a Delegation of approximately 30 highly driven, talented, and diverse students. Before you apply, please make sure you comply with the following:
- You are willing and able to dedicate 2 – 2.5 days a week to United Netherlands
- You have sufficient command of the English language
- You combine ambition with ideals
- You are registered at a Dutch (research) University during the academic year that you are applying for the Delegation (please note that this includes exchange students and excludes Higher Applied Education (HBO)
- You are available every Friday from September onwards until the Harvard Nation Model United Nations Conference (Mid-February)
- You are willing and able to pay the Participation Fee and other expenditures*
- Applications from Pre-Master students are welcome, however, 10 ECTS cannot be obtained by pre-master students not enrolled at Radboud. *
* Please find a complete overview of all costs here.
“The challenging program of United Netherlands pushed me out of my comfort zone week after week. I learned a lot about diplomacy and geopolitics, but most of all I learned a lot about myself. Even though we were the COVID-delegation and had to do some parts online, it was the greatest experience with a group full of people that I will follow for the rest of my life.”Janneke Hillenaar, Delegate 2020-2021
How does the selection work?
Throughout the year there are 2 selection rounds for the Delegation. For both selection rounds, United Netherlands requires you to hand in your:
- Motivation letter (400 words)
- An essay of approximately 400 words about a topic that is to be announced
- A picture of your passport
In June, the first wave of students for the Delegation will be selected. The Summer selection process consists of two rounds, the first one being a MUN simulation (no prior preparation is required), in order to get a feel of your potential in this kind of setting. The second round consists of an interview, during which we hope to get to know you on a more personal level.
In August and September we will select the final additions to the Delegation. Again, a MUN simulation (no prior preparation required) as well as an interview round will be held.
Applications are open!
Applications for the fall selection are open until the 16th of August, 23.59.
Step 1: UNMD Application Form
Fill in the online UNMD Application Form.
Step 2: Apply!
In order to apply for the United Netherlands Delegation, you will need to fill in the UNMD Application Form (step 1) and submit three separate files via email:
- Motivation and Essay Form (Word document), containing a letter of motivation and a short essay;
- A digital photo of yourself (passport format);
- Your Curriculum Vitae (in English).
Attach your Essay Form, your photo, and your CV to one e-mail message and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Please download the file Motivation and Essay Form and read it carefully. Rename all documents according to the following format:
- Last name, First name, Essay Form
- Last name, First name, Photo
- Last name, First name, CV
After having sent your documents, you will be informed about the further process of selection.